Saturday, January 24, 2009

Lilly Allen wants to marry a rich man

The 23-year-old singer - who was recently romantically linked with art dealer Jay Jopling - says her priority is to maintain her success long enough to meet her dream wealthy partner.

She said: "I just hope I can stay famous enough for a little bit so someone rich will marry me. That's all I really care about these days."

The Fear singer - who has dated a string of older men including Chemical Brothers star Ed Simons - also said she has never felt comfortable with people her own age.

She added to Interview magazine: "I was very unhappy at school. I didn't get on with people my age. I don't know why. Adults were far more interesting. I think I spent too much time with adults, and I just thought kids were stupid."
Despite her aversion to other young people, Lily insists her unconventional choice of friends has helped her.

She explained: "I don't feel like I missed out. I feel like I got quite a lot of stuff out of the way that people my age are just kind of confronting now, like alcohol and drugs and relationships."

No comments: